New study reveals ‘germiest’ item in doctor’s office touches you every time you visit
You probably head to the doctor’s office when you’re feeling under the weather but new research shows that an item everyone sees may not actually be as clean as you think.
Swiss researchers tested items in a doctor’s office for germs, along with the doctor’s hands.
They found that one of the tools that had the most germs on it was a stethoscope.
In fact, after just one patient, the stethoscope was contaminated with more germs than what was found on the doctor’s hands.
Researchers say they hope the study will serve as a reminder to health care professionals to always sterilize their stethoscopes.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'