KD proving he may not be ‘nice’ but he is KIND through new campaign
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Kevin Durant is known for being a force on the court but now he is trying to change the lives of at-risk children.
Last year, Nike came up with the slogan ‘KD is Not Nice’ but now he is creating his own persona with the help of a national company.
KIND Healthy Snacks has created the KIND Movement, which supports unexpected acts of kindness in the community.
Recently, the company teamed up with the basketball star to teach children the best way to show strength is to be kind to others.
The new campaign focuses on written slogans by Kevin Durant, including, “Being kind isn’t a sign of weakness, you gotta be strong to be kind.”
The Strong and Kind website allows people to take the following pledge:
- I pledge to have the courage to be kind when others may not
- I pledge to look out for those who can’t look out for themselves
- I pledge to stand up when others would rather stand out
- I pledge to leave my world a kinder place than I found it
- I pledge to be strong and kind.
Also, KIND is donating $1 million to the Kevin Durant Charity Foundation to create specialized education and after-school programs for at-risk children.