Springtime is here in Oklahoma. We could see some severe weather Tuesday so now is the time to prepare your severe weather safety kit.
The 4Warn Storm Team said you should have a plan if severe weather strikes, no matter where you are, at home, at work or on the road.
- Disaster Supply Kit: Keep it as close to your shelter as possible.
Go4It allows you to watch live radar and live streaming severe weather coverage.
- Shoes: Make sure you have shoes in or near your shelter. You may not have time to grab them in a severe weather situation.
- Identification: Make sure you have some kind of identification with you at all times.
- Your keys: If your car is drivable, you will need your keys. It’s a good idea to keep an extra set in your shelter.
- Cell phone - Always keep your cell phone with you. However, service could be interrupted and the power could be out.