On the Hunt: Easter events planned across the metro
OKLAHOMA CITY – As families across the metro prepare to celebrate Easter, you may be looking for a place for your children to go on a few Easter egg hunts.
Here’s a list of just a few of the public Easter egg hunts across the metro:
- Victory Church in Norman- The hunt will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 12. There will also be a free Easter carnival, Easter egg hunt and inflatables.
- Regional Physical Therapy Inc in Midwest City – The event will be from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Friday, April 18. Free photos with the Easter bunny, free games, drawings and face painting.
- Downtown Cushing – Activities begin at 12 p.m. with an Easter parade, vendors, games and food sales.
- Highpointe Church – The event kicks off at 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 19. OKC Egg Drop will drop 30,000 Easter eggs from a helicopter, free food, games, giveaways.
- Crossroads Church- The hunt begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 12. Four egg hunts will have kids searching for 50,000 eggs. The locations are at Merrel Medley Park- 11100 S. Penn., Crossroads Church – 8901 S. Shields, Macleman Park- 5060 SE 54th, Jefferson Middle School -6800 S. Blackwelder.
- Victory Church in Warr Acres- Events will be held on Saturday, April 19 at 9 a.m. Free Easter egg hunts, crafts, games, prizes. The event will be held at the following elementary and middle schools within the Putnam City School District: Apollo, Arbor Grove, Central, James L. Dennis, Ralph Downs, Hilldale, Lake Park, Northridge, Overholser, Tulakes, Wiley Post, Windsor Hills, Kenneth Cooper Middle School, Hefner Middle School, Mayfield Middle School, Western Oaks Elementary, Western Oaks Middle School (Football Field), and James Capps Middle School (Football Field).
- Edmond’s First Baptist Church- Covell Campus is hosting a community-wide Easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 19 at 5 p.m. It is located at Mitch Park and will feature 10,000 eggs.
- New Hope United Methodist Church – The church will host an Easter egg hunt for the blind with beeping eggs. The event will take place on Saturday, April 19 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the church, located at 11600 N. Council Rd.
- Discovery Church of Yukon- The church will host a massive Easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 19 at 9 a.m. The hunt will be held at Yukon High School located at 1777 S. Yukon Parkway. Organizers say 30,000 eggs will be part of the event.