Veterinarians seeing spike in ‘high’ animals
Veterinarians are seeing a spike in animals showing up high on a popular drug.
According to the Huffington Post, veterinarians are asking pet owners to watch their marijuana, because more pets are showing up high and sick.
The Emergency Animal Clinic in Scottdale, Arizona reported they have seen double the number of cases of animals ingesting marijuana over the past few years.
Although marijuana is not toxic to the animals, it can upset their stomachs as well as have other side effects.
Experts are more worried about animals getting into synthetic marijuana.
Synthetic marijuana is reported to be potentially fatal to animals after they ingest it.