Position Summary: The primary responsibility of a Graphic Artist is to create, coordinate, and maintain on-air graphics for News, Production, and Promotions.
1. Works with News Department to create graphics for daily news shows.
2. Works with Promotions to create graphics and animation for promos
3. Creates and produces animated graphic opens and elements for newscasts.
4. Works with Sales, Production, and other departments to fulfill station’s graphic needs as necessary.
5. Performs other graphic duties, including on-line, print work, signage, animation, and set design as assigned by Art Director.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Fills in for other artists as needed.
8. Weekend, holiday and overtime work required.
9. Must be available to work station promotional events.
Skills and knowledge requirements:
1. Strong design, illustration and typographic skills required.
2. Previous Broadcast Design experience a plus.
3. Experience with the Mac OS, Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop computer art programs preferred.
4. Degree in Graphic Design preferred.
5. Knowledge of 3D animation software and Vizrt computer system a plus
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, especial projects, technical developments, etc.)
There are other duties that may be assigned.
Apply online, search in the business unit section for KFOR/KAUT to see listing.
Tribune is an Equal Opportunity Employer