Local sales assistant
Local Sales Assistant
KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City’s market leader and one of the top NBC affiliates in the country, has an immediate opening for a Sales Assistant/Sales Trainee to enhance our strong sales team. Primary duties include but not limited to providing support to account executives and managers in the sales department, general administrative work, along with other duties as assigned. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to work well under pressure and be a team player. College degree required, and office related experience preferred. Position will include ongoing job training in sales development, with the ultimate goal to advance in to a full time marketing & sales position. This will include multi-platform selling and interfacing with other departments relative to the sales department.
- Receive, confirm and process sales orders for KFOR-TV, KAUT-TV and KFOR.com.
- Assist sales reps with support materials throughout the sales process.
- Work and communicate with advertising agencies and local businesses as needed.
- Develop sales materials/reports as requested by the sales managers.
- Assist station at various community events and marketing opportunities.
- Performs general administrative duties including various reports, answering phones, and other office duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of MS Office required; must be internet savvy, must be able to calculate figures and prioritize; excellent organizational and communication skills; self-starter.
Dexterity to operate keys and buttons on computers, telephone and other office equipment. Ability to lift up to 10 or more pounds, as needed. Must have a current and valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.