UPDATE 1:50 p.m.
CNN: Harrison Ford suffered a broken leg, not an injured ankle as the studio previously said, on the “Star Wars” set last week, his publicist said Thursday.
“Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in an accident,” spokeswoman Ina Treciokas said in a statement to CNN.
She didn’t say how long the actor would be out of work, but he is apparently on the road to recovery.
“His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly,” Treciokas said. “He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”
LONDON – Fans of the “Star Wars” series are anxiously awaiting the release of the latest movie, but filming hit a speed bump on Thursday.
A Disney spokesperson says Harrison Ford was taken to the hospital after injuring his ankle on the set of the new “Star Wars” movie.
Officials say filming will continue as planned while he recuperates.
Ford is reprising his role as Han Solo in “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
The film takes place 30 years after the events of “Star Wards: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi.”
It is scheduled to hit theaters in December 2015.