MOORE, Okla. – One employee was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment for severe burns after a possible explosion at a vodka distillery.
Authorities were called to the Twister Distillery, located in the 2300 block of N. Moore Ave., just after 10 a.m. on Friday.
Officials say the blast and fire was due to a still overheating.
The owner referred to it as an “ethanol flash.”
No word on how much damage was done to the building or the equipment.
The distillery is known for its ‘twister vodka’ but just finished shipping a new product called ‘success vodka’ to stores this week.