Oklahoma man runs back into burning home to save grandmother
NORMAN, Okla. – A man rescues his grandmother from a burning home in Norman.
Fire crews were called to the home, near S.E. 12th St. and Classen, just after midnight on Tuesday morning.
According to fire officials, two people were inside the house when the fire sparked.
The grandson woke up to the smoke filling the room and was able to escape.
He ran to his next-door neighbor’s home, who is actually a retired firefighter.
That neighbor called 911 while the man ran back into the burning house to rescue his grandmother.
Authorities say the fire is out and everyone is okay.
Unfortunately, the family was forced to find somewhere else to stay overnight.
At this time, it is not known what started the blaze.