Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Bucket bursts into flames at OU Service Center

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire

OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire crews were called to a building near the OU Medical Center after a bucket filled with rags spontaneously combusted.

Authorities were called to the OU Service Center near Lincoln Blvd. and the OU Medical Center just after 3 a.m. on Friday.

According to fire crews, a small fire sparked inside a paint booth where someone was staining doors on Thursday.

Investigators say the discarded rags, covered in stain, were thrown into a bucket.

That bucket suddenly burst into flames, filling the paint booth with smoke.

OU police saw the flames and were able to put them out before crews arrived, using a fire extinguisher.

No word yet on how much damage it caused.