Update on Service Interruption for Dish Subscribers — Click here
Follow storms on KFOR live interactive radar

Teen dies days before graduation after overdosing from caffeine

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
prom king

LAGRANGE, Ohio – A high school senior who died just days before graduation apparently died from too much caffeine.

Logan Stiner was getting ready to graduate from Keystone High School when he died last month.

He had been voted prom king and was described as a good student.

The coroner says a white powder was found beside his body, which turned out to be a potent brand of powdered caffeine.

Officials say it is unclear how much Stiner ingested but it was enough to cause seizures and an abnormal heartbeat.

His mother says she didn’t realize her son was using caffeine powder but knew he took a pre-workout supplement.

Powdered caffeine is not sold in stores but can be purchased over the Internet.