Update on Service Interruption for Dish Subscribers — Click here
Follow storms on KFOR live interactive radar

A bedside lamp is to blame for sparking a house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
house fire

EDMOND, Okla. –  Investigators say an electrical problem is to blame for a late-night house fire in Edmond.

It sparked just after 11 p.m. Monday at a home near NE 15th and Bryant.

When fire crews got there, thick smoke was pouring from the windows of the house.

Everyone escaped the flames and made it out safely.

Fire investigators say an electrical short in a bedside lamp started the fire, and firefighters were able to contain the flames inside that one room.

There’s extensive damage to the master bedroom, and smoke damage in other parts of the house.

No one was hurt.