Memorial Day weekend looking to be in the 90s, low storm chances
Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Update: Oklahoma trooper arrested on suspicion of DUI resigns

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATE: The Oklahoma Highway Patrol confirmed that Trooper Joshua Davies submitted a letter of resignation on Aug. 26.

“Trooper Davies’ actions on July 3, 2014 was an egregious breach of the standard of conduct demanded by our profession. It is never pleasant when an officer is forced to arrest one of his own, but it should be noted that the Troopers who responded to Davies’ DUI accident and subsequently arrested him enforced the standard without exception. I am hopeful that the poor decisions made by former Trooper Joshua Davies will not bring discredit on the 99% of our State Troopers that are shining examples of what our profession demands,” said Chief Ricky Adams.

A pre-termination hearing for Davies was scheduled for Aug. 27.

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma Highway Patrol announced that a trooper has been arrested after allegedly breaking the law.

On Thursday afternoon, officials say they received a call about an accident involving an OHP patrol vehicle and a boat in Sequoyah County.

Troopers arrived at the accident scene and found Trooper Joshua Davies, who was driving the SUV.

Authorities say Davies showed signs of intoxication and was immediately arrested for suspicion of DUI by troopers on the scene.

Officials say Davies was given a state breath test, where he registered over the legal limit.

“It is an emotionally draining situation when an officer finds himself in a position that he must arrest one of his own. Our Troopers displayed professionalism in administering their duties during this unfortunate event.  This individual was immediately arrested by state troopers on the scene and charged with DUI in compliance with state statute.  This type of behavior will not be tolerated under any circumstance,” stated Chief of Patrol Col. Ricky Adams.

Davies has been with the OHP for eight years and has been placed on routine administrative leave pending the results of an internal investigation.