SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. – A Virginia community is mourning the loss of a pregnant mother of four who died suddenly after she was stung by wasps working in her backyard, according to WTVR.
WTVR reports that Sarah Marie Schulzetenberg Harkins, 32, died at the hospital when an aneurysm in her brain burst.
Her unborn baby, who was to be named Cecilia Rachel, also passed away.
According to Fredericksburg.com, the aneurysm burst due to the stress the stings and an allergic reaction brought on.
She was devout Catholic in her community and volunteered in a crisis pregnancy shelter and home-schooling programs.
WTVR says the community has rallied behind her family with donations to help Sarah’s husband Eric and four children, seven-year-old Liam, five-year-old Analee, three-year-old Jude and one-year-old Mary Faustina. Mary was born with Down Syndrome.