Grass fire sparks in unusual way in Canadian County
MUSTANG, Okla. – Emergency crews were called to the 12000 block in Mustang, Okla., just before 12:50 p.m. after reports of a grass fire sparking in the area.
According to Oklahoma City Fire Department’s Major Tammy McKinney, the fire was started by an ATV inside the homeowner’s garage.
Officials say the homeowner suffered minor burns while attempting to pull the ATV out of the garage.
Crews were able to knock out the fire in less than an hour.
Both Oklahoma City and Mustang Fire Department were on scene working to contain the flames.
Major McKinney says the homeowner was transported to a nearby hospital with second degree burns.
This is a developing story. Refresh this page for updates.