Update: Catholic leaders dismiss lawsuit after Eucharistic Host returned

black mass

UPDATE: Officials with the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City announced that the consecrated Host at the center of a controversial event has been returned.

A satanic group plans to have a ‘black mass’ next month and said they would reconsecrate a stolen Eucharistic Host as part of the ceremony.

The group’s leaders say it would be given as an offering to Satan.

An attorney representing the head of the satanic group gave the Host to a Catholic priest on Thursday afternoon after a lawsuit was filed on Wednesday.

The return of the Host and a signed statement from the satanic group leader, saying the group no longer possesses a consecrated Host, the archbishop agreed to dismiss the lawsuit with prejudice.

“I am relieved that we have been able to secure the return of the sacred Host, and that we have prevented its desecration as part of a planned satanic ritual,” said Archbishop Paul Coakley. “I remain concerned about the dark powers that this satanic worship invites into our community and the spiritual danger that this poses to all who are involved in it, directly or indirectly.”

On Sept. 21, the archbishop invites the Christians and Catholics to join him in prayer for a Eucharistic Holy Hour at 3 p.m. at St. Francis of Assisi Church.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Earlier this month, Catholic leaders in Oklahoma attempted to stop a satanic ‘black mass’ in Oklahoma City.

A satanic group announced its plans to have the ‘black mass’ at the Civic Center Music Hall on Sept. 21.

On Wednesday, Archbishop Paul Coakley filed a lawsuit, asking a judge to stop the desecration of a stolen Eucharistic Host as part of the event.

The Host was illicitly taken from a Catholic church and is supposed to be desecrated “in the vilest ways imaginable” as an offering in sacrifice to Satan.

“The whole basis of the mass is that we take the consecrated host and give it a blessing or offering to Satan. We’re censoring it, doing all things that’s normally done to bless a sacrifice, which is obviously the host body of Christ. Then we’re taking that and we’re reconsecrating it, or the Devil does,” said Adam Daniels.

Click here to read the verified petition.

Archbishop Coakley’s pleas to cancel the dark ritual were heard by the city, but Civic Center leaders say their hands are tied.

“We must follow not only the laws of our state, but the United States and the First Amendment of the Constitution, and we cannot deny a rental to any one group based upon the content of their message, even if it offends other people,” said Jennifer McClintock, with the Civic Center.

Since the facility could not cancel the mass, Coakley decided to take legal action.

“I have been heartened by the international and multifaith support we’ve received in solidarity against this public satanic ritual planned next month in Oklahoma City. While I continue to call on all Catholics, Christians and people of good will to pray daily for cancellation of the so-called ‘black mass,’ I have taken a legal step to combat this blasphemous and obscene inversion of the Catholic Mass,” said Coakley.

Click her for more information on the event.