EMSA issues “Heat Alert” for Oklahoma City metro
OKLAHOMA CITY – EMSA issues “Heat Alert” for Oklahoma City metro.
On Monday, six patients called 911 suffering symptoms due to the extreme heat.
EMSA is urging the public to take extra precautions when outside.
- Take frequent breaks doing outdoor activity.
- Avoid hot foods and heavy meals—they add heat to your body.
- Drink plenty of fluids and replace salts and minerals in your body. Do not take salt tablets unless under medical supervision.
- Dress infants and children in cool, loose light colored clothing and shade their heads and faces with hats or an umbrella.
- Limit sun exposure during mid-day hours.
- Provide plenty of fresh water for your pets, and leave the water in a shady area.