KFOR TV needs a producer who can lead the pack not follow. Producer driven newsroom. 2+years producing experience preferred. Excellent writing and production skills a must. Very competitive news market if you are up to the challenge.
Writes & produces news stories for daily newscasts
Produces opens and graphics elements for a highly produced newscast
fills in on other newscasts as needed
Submits story ideas daily
contributes recommendations on daily story coverage and special assignments
Serves as a leader within the news room, offering advice & assistance to other employees
Copy edits news stories by reporters and writers
Produces special news events, shows and coverage outside the daily newscasts.
The primary purpose of the News Producer is to produce, write and gather information and graphics for highly produced newscasts.
1. One year minimum producing experience
2. Above average demonstrable writing and communication skills
3. Valid drivers license
4. Knowledge of computers
5. Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
6. Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines
7. Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
8. Watch local TV news whenever possible
9. Must work individually as well as part of a team
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Apply online at http://www.tribunemedia.com/#/?page_id=15562. Job ID 2014-41050
KFOR-TV 444 E. Britton Road
Oklahoma City, Ok 73114
Tribune is an Equal Opportunity Employer