The primary purpose of the News Writer is to write and gather information for highly produced newscasts, to assist with Assignment desk duties and roll TelePrompTer for daily newscasts.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
1. A proven journalistic talent for news writing.
2. Ability to type, operate police scanner, handle news telephones and other such equipment.
3. Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License (or able to get one).
1. Writes news stories for daily newscasts
2. Delivers scripts to production department & rolls Teleprompter for daily newscasts
3. Submits story ideas daily
4. Must be available to work station promotion events
5. Contributes recommendations on daily story coverage & special assignments
6. Above average demonstrable writing and communications skills
7. Valid drivers license
8. Ability to work flexible schedules, possibly including weekends or overnight.
9. Ability to work under extreme pressure & deadlines
10. Must keep up with local, state, national & international events. Watch local TV news when possible.
11. Must work individually, as well as part of a team
12. Assist on Assignment desk as needed. Must be able to hear scanners, answer phones and direct crews to news events
13. Keep printer area supplied with paper & printers loaded with paper
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Tribune Broadcasting OKC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at http://www.tribunemedia.com/?page_id=15562. Job ID 2014-41065