How to avoid holiday office party blunders
It’s that time of year when you and your colleagues gather for the annual office holiday party.
While it’s a time to let your hair down a bit and socialize, there are a few common blunders to be aware of.
The magazine, Kiplinger, says there are some do’s and don’ts to make it through the party this year.
1. Don’t drink too much.
2. Eat a meal beforehand and then have a festive drink or two. Overindulging brings more potential for embarrassment.
3. Do dance, but don’t dirty dance. Keep the dancing tasteful, especially since everyone has a video camera on their phone these days.
4. Do dress smartly. It’s okay to be festive and kick your outfit up a notch from your typical work attire, but avoid being too revealing. Kiplinger says if you are questioning the appropriateness of your choice, use discretion and don’t over do it.
5. Don’t be a gossip. Parties are prime opportunities for gossip to flow. Don’t take the bait. Come armed with a few conversation starters so you can change the subject away from gossip when need be.
6. One more thing. Never, ever vent about your boss while at the party.