Spin To Win
The FREEDOM43TV Spin to Win Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
FREEDOM43TV(“KAUT”) will conduct the Contest (“Contest”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Contest may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
This Contest, and all Contest material, is © 2014 by Tribune. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Only one (1) winner per day and only one (1) prize per household for the Contest allowed during a180-day period. Participant(s) and winner(s) must be legal US residents at least 18 years old as determined by KAUT and reside in the Oklahoma City Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. KAUT reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Winners are subject to verification by KAUT of the winner’s name, age, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and Social Security number. If a winner is disqualified, KAUT reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Employees of KAUT/KFOR, and Tribune (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
2. Sweepstakes Period: From time to time the Sponsor conducts The Sweepstakes on Wednesdays or Weekdays as promoted and will take place during the Rise & Shine Show on KAUT-TV from 7:00 am CST to 9:00 am CST.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, viewers will be invited during Rise & Shine from 7am to 9am CST newscast, to listen or watch for a cue with a phone number and an invitation to “Call Now”. Each winner will have his or her name mentioned and a KAUT FREEDOM43TV representative will Spin the Prize Wheel on behalf of the winner during the Show. Winners do not need to be present to win but must be live by telephone. Each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, the person who calls after the cue to “Call Now” is announced during the 7am to 9am pm CST newscast will win a SPIN TO WIN Prize of VARIOUS VALUES. All entries become the property of KAUT/KFOR TV and will not be returned.
4. Redemption of Prizes: Prizes: Will Vary week to week. Each Prize winner has Twenty (20) business days after winner verification by KAUT/KFOR TV to pick up the prize at the studios of KFOR TV, located at 444 East Britton Road in Oklahoma City, OK 73114. Each Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. In the event that a winner requests that a prize or prize certificate be mailed to the winner, he or she must provide prior written consent and must assume the risk of its arrival.
5. Winner Notifications: The winner will be notified each day by phone or email.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: All prizes are not transferable or assignable. No substitution allowed except by KAUT/KFOR TV, which may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable.
7. Release; Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating in the Contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against KAUT, its employees and agents, the Contest sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, entrants must sign an official waiver form provided by KAUT. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to use of his or her name, state of residence, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes online, for broadcast, and in print, or in any other media worldwide in connection with the Contest, without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: KAUT disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond KAUT’s control, or otherwise. KAUT disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. KAUT is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, or traffic congestion on telephone lines which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER CONTEST. 9. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: KAUT/KFOR, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73114, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (8:30am – 5:00pm CST).
10. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to KAUT, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive a 1099 form from KFOR at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide KAUT with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number before any prize will be awarded.
11. Conditions: KAUT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in KAUT’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, (c) the Contest becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service.