Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar
Up to the minute closings and delays

Dryer sparks house fire in OKC

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Some scary moments for an Oklahoma City family after a fire.

It happened around 7:00 a.m. Monday at a home located at 213 NW 92nd, which is in northwest Oklahoma City.

Firefighters say the people inside were running laundry in a dryer inside a detached garage.

According to investigators, they forgot to clean out the dryer vent and the built up lint sparked a fire.

There were no injuries.

Firefighters estimate there is about $2500 worth of damage.