Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar
Up to the minute closings and delays

Police: 13-year-old boy killed during fight about Facebook post

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO (WGN) - Authorities say a teenage boy is dead after his sister became upset about a post on Facebook.

Police told WGN that 13-year-old Anthony Diaz was shot multiple times just after 10:30 p.m. on Sunday.

Diaz' stepfather, Ralph Otero, says the teen snuck out of the house with his two older sisters because they wanted to confront someone about a post on Facebook.

Otero says one of the boy's sisters was arguing with someone about a post on Facebook.

Diaz's sister decided she wanted to confront the other person and Anthony decided to follow her.

Otero says the post had nothing to do with Anthony and he was recording the fight when he was shot.

Police say someone shot him in the side and at least one of the bullets exited through his chest.

So far, no arrests have been made.

See a mistake? Report a typo here.