AMBER, Okla. - A house explosion in an Oklahoma town claimed the life of one woman and left the rest of her family with nowhere to turn.
Authorities believe a propane leak is to blame for the sudden explosion that took Katie White's life.
"I would give anything to see her again," Reva Hale, White's niece, said.
Before the explosion, family members say White noticed a strong odor of propane and sent the rest of the family outside.
Moments later, the home exploded.
"I would never be able to thank her enough for doing what she did," Hale said.
Since Hale couldn't thank her aunt, she called Matthew Bohanan, the man who is credited with saving her mother's life.
"I'm Leah's daughter, the woman you saved last night. I just wanted to thank you for saving her," Hale told Bohanan on the phone.
Leah was leaving the home when the house exploded behind her.
Family members say she was trapped under the roof next to White, who died instantly.
Bohanan heard the blast and immediately went to help.
With the flames engulfing the home, Bohanan, along with others responding, found their way through the rubble of what was once their neighbor's home.
They found Leah and Katie and pulled them both out of the rubble.
"You're family now, if you ever need anything, you just call us. That's the only person I have and I'm so thankful that you saved her," Hale told Bohanan.
White left behind a husband and seven children, but the sacrifice she made will not be forgotten.
"She sacrificed herself to make sure those kids were okay. She got them out first, and we're all grateful for it, "Hale said.
A GoFundMe page has been has been created for the family. If you would like to donate, click here.