Amy’s Kitchen recalling thousands of products for dangerous bacteria
PETALUMA, Calif. – A popular food company is recalling thousands of products because of a deadly bacteria .
Amy’s Kitchen, Inc. us recalling 73,897 cases of products after learning about a recall notice from an organic spinach supplier.
Officials say the company may have received organic spinach that was contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Healthy individuals may suffer short-term symptoms like high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
However, the bacteria has also been linked to miscarriages, stillbirths and fatal infections.
So far, officials with Amy’s Kitchen say they are not aware of any illness complaints related to the products.
The recalled products were sold at stores nationwide and in Canada.
The products are as follows:
- Vegetable Lasagna (12 pk)
- Tofu Vegetable Lasagna (12 pk)
- Garden Vegetable Lasagna (12 pk)
- Tofu Scramble (12 pk)
- Enchilada Verde Whole Meal (12 pk)
- Spinach Pizza (8 pk)
- Brown Rice & Vegetables Bowl (12 pk)
- Stuffed Pasta Shells Bowl (12 pk)
- Gluten Free Tofu Scramble Breakfast Wrap (12 pk)
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Veg Lasagna (12 pk)
- Vegetable Lasagna (8 pk)
- Enchilada Verde Whole Meal (8 pk)
- Family Size Vegetable Lasagna (8 pk).