High water and flooding has caused officials across the state to close various roads and highways to protect drivers.
Do not drive into high water. If possible, turn around.
Drivers are cautioned to heed warning signs and to not drive around barricades.
The following highways are closed due to high water or damage from recent flooding. As conditions are rapidly changing with multiple weather events statewide this week, updates will be issued as information changes.
- SH-80 is closed about four miles west of Hulbert between SH-51 and US-62.
- SH-109 is closed from the US-271/SH-109 junction west 5 miles.
- SH-109 is closed three miles south of the US-70 junction and six miles east of US-271.
- US-271 is one lane in each direction just north of the Red River bridge, crews are flagging traffic.
- SH-11 is closed between US-81 in Medford and SH-132.
- SH-32 is closed near Ryan; traffic is detoured on US-81 or SH-89 to US-70.
- US-377/SH-99 is closed to through traffic just south of Tishomingo. Traffic is detoured on SH-1/SH-22 through Ravia and US-177/SH-199.
- SH-22 is closed to through traffic between SH-78 and Nida.
- SH-33 is closed about three miles west of the SH-74F junction near Cashion.
- SH-54 is closed to through traffic just south of SH-9 near Gotebo. Traffic is detoured using SH-19 to US-183 to SH-55. This closure is expected to last into next week.
- US-270 is closed between Wister and Heavener and US-271 at Wister. Signs are in place and traffic will be detoured to Poteau and Heavener.
- SH-1 is closed between US-271 and US-259 through the Ouachita National Forest.
- SH-32 is closed over Wilson Creek just over west of Lebanon
- US-70 Roosevelt bridge over Lake Texoma is closed.
- SH-32 near Lebanon is closed.
- SH-199 is closed at the Ft. Washita bridge approximately five miles west of SH-48.
- SH-259A is closed in Beaver’s Bend State Park.
- SH-87 is closed from the Arkansas state line west to US-259.
- US-259 at the Red River is closed on the Texas side. Drivers are strongly encouraged to find an alternate route traveling into Texas.
- SH-102 is closed between SH-9 and SH-59B near Byars.
- US-271 is closed south of Clayton.
- SH-43 is closed at Sardis Dam.