This recipe is a perfect use of end-of-summer fresh vegetables, and works as a salad or salsa. Add avocado, grilled chicken, or fish - or even deli turkey - to turn this recipe into an entree.
- 1lb Black Beans, rinsed and sorted (May substitute 15oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained)
- 2 ears Fresh Corn, Cooked and removed from husk (Fresh Corn may be roasted, grilled or steamed - or may substitute 1lb Frozen Corn, rinsed and thawed)
- 6-8 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 Hatch Pepper, chopped (or may use 2 Jalapeños)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped (may substitute Parsley for those who don't care for Cilantro)Honey Lime Dressing:
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 T Honey
- 1 T Canola Oil
- 1/4 t Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Paprika
Soak Black Beans in 6-8 Cups water overnight. Drain, rinse and add 6 cups hot water. Simmer for 2 hours or until done. Drain, rinse and cool. (or drain/rinse canned Black Beans)
Combine Beans, Prepared Corn and Chopped Vegetables. Gently Toss.
Combine Lime Juice and Honey in bowl. Whisk until Honey dissolves into Lime Juice. Add Oil and Spices. Whisk thoroughly. Toss dressing into mixture.