Prepare yourself for these traffic advisories in the metro
OKLAHOMA — Traffic in the metro area is going to be sticky this week. But the Oklahoma Department of Transportation and NewsChannel 4 want to give you a heads up so you can prepare yourself and avoid some serious traffic jams.
Here are the locations of some construction projects that you’ll want to be aware of:
- l-35 ramp to N.E. 10th St. closed through Wednesday.
- The southbound I-35 off-ramp ramp to N.E. 10th St. is closed until 4:30 p.m. Wednesday for surface repairs on Grand Blvd. by the City of Oklahoma
- Reno Ave. narrows at Lincoln Blvd. Wednesday
- Drivers can expect short, intermittent closures of eastbound Reno Ave. at Lincoln Blvd. from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday for overhead bridge work as part of ongoing OKC Boulevard construction.
- SH 74 (Portland Ave.) narrowed at Memorial Rd. this week.
- The westbound N.W. 150th dedicated left turn lane to southbound SH-74 (Portland Ave.) is closed through August as part of intersection reconstruction work. Motorists are still able to turn left onto SH-74. Westbound N.W. 150th traffic is able to continue westbound or turn left onto southbound SH-74. Drivers can expect lane shifts in this area for the next few weeks for ongoing intersection reconstruction.
- Speed limit reduced on SH 74 (Portland Ave.) through spring 2016.
- The speed limit on northbound and southbound SH-74 is reduced to 35 mph between Memorial Rd. and north of N.W. 164th St. as part of an ongoing project to widen SH-74 in the area. The reduced speed limit will remain until the project is complete in spring 2016. Drivers should plan extra travel time and use caution in the work zone.
- Classen Blvd. narrows at I-44 Belle Isle bridge this week.
- Drivers can expect various lane closures on Classen Blvd. under the I-44 Belle Isle bridge just north of N.W. Expressway through this week for ongoing bridge rehabilitation work.
- l-44 ramps at Northwest Expressway closed at Belle Isle bridge through summer.
- The eastbound I-44 on-ramp from eastbound N.W. Expressway and the westbound I-44 off-ramp to N.W. Expressway are closed through summer. Drivers must locate an alternate route.
- SH-152 (Airport Rd.) narrows at MacArthur Blvd. this week.
- The left lane of westbound SH-152 (Airport Road) between MacArthur Blvd. and S.W. 59th St. will close from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily through the end of the week for cable barrier installation. The left lane of eastbound SH-152 between S.W. 59th St. and MacArthur Blvd. will also close from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily through the end of the week for cable barrier installation.