Beautiful days ahead with cooler temperatures

Official: Two more Americans identified as Brussels victims

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WASHINGTON — A State Department official said two more Americans have been identified as killed in the attacks on Brussels, bringing the total number confirmed so far to four.

An official confirmed the deaths on grounds of anonymity Sunday night because this person was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The official said “we express our deepest condolences” to those who lost loved ones in the attack.

The official adds that the U.S. Embassy in Brussels “is providing consular assistance. We have no more to share out of respect for the families in this difficult time.”

Officials have said previously that at least a dozen Americans were injured in the attack last Tuesday.