Cyndi Lauper Ticket Giveaway Official Rules
CYNDI LAUPER Ticket Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above, as determined by KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV and reside in the Oklahoma DMA Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. Void where prohibited. Employees of KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, Tribune Broadcasting (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors, promotional agencies and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins August 29, 2016 at 12:01am and ends September 5, 2016 at noon CST (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Sweepstakes Period.
- Sweepstakes Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, go towww.KFOR.com and click on the Links tab then the contest link. Click on the Sweepstakes graphic, follow and complete the instructions, submitting your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Entrants must use their own name and current residential address. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Entry Period; all entries will be combined into a single entry pool. One winner will be randomly selected during each day of the contest. All entries become the property of KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entrants may be required to become registered users of the website and may not enter the Sweepstakes more than once. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Detection of said automated entry will lead to such entries being voided in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only one registered account per entry. If multiple accounts are detected for a single entrant, the accounts will be voided and the entries will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address or account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion.
- Prize: Five (5) random winners will receive two (2) tickets each to see ‘Cyndi Lauper’ at the Civic Center Music Hall on Tuesday, September 13th at 8:00pm. Each ticket is valued at up to $101.5 each. (2 tickets are valued at up to $203).
- Winner Notifications: The Sweepstakes winner will be notified by email or phone on September 6, 2016 by 4:00pm. Winners must have a valid email address where they can be notified. If a winner is unreachable after two (2) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another winner. If Sponsor cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded. All results are unofficial until winners are verified.
- Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Only one (1) winner per household. Five (5) random winners will receive two (2) tickets each. Winner’s tickets are for Opening Night – Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 8:00pm at the Civic Center Music Hall. Tickets will be available for pick up at the Civic Center Music Hall Box Office located at 201 N. Walker within an hour prior to show time, not before. Winner must show a valid State ID. Tickets are non-transferable. Surrounding area parking lots may charge a fee to park. Any prizes that are not claimed on the opening night performance will be forfeited. Sponsors have no obligation to draw alternate winners. Winners must bring a valid government-issued ID and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release to claim prize.
If the Cyndi Lauper ticket winners are located outside the greater OKC metro area, it is the winner’s responsibility to claim their prize/tickets at the door before the show on Opening Night, Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 8:00pm. Winners are subject to verification by KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV of the winner’s name, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, and any other cost not specifically included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Sponsor’s control, or otherwise, if applicable. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES.
- Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Rules. This Sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If Sponsor determines that an entrant is using the Sweepstakes for gambling purposes, such entrant may be disqualified and reported to the authorities.
- Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, Tribune Broadcasting, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (c) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees.
- Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s), (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (iii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iv) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (viii) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to postage, are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Choice of Law/Forum: Oklahoma law shall govern this Sweepstakes, without regard Oklahoma’s choice of law rules. The courts of Oklahoma shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, located at 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114 by September 30, 2016. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours (9am – 5pm CST) at KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV business offices or online at http://www.KFOR.com.
- Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, located at 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (9am- 5pm CST) after December 31, 2016.
- Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
- Rights Reserved: The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsors and/or UPICKEM without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. UPICKEM is a trademark of Second Street Media, Inc.]