State officials issue Labor Day traffic advisory for Oklahoma
The following construction projects will impact travel on major highways and interstates during the Labor Day weekend.
I-40 narrowed near Hinton, Canadian Co.
- I-40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between US-281 and US-281 Spur, east of Hinton, for bridge reconstruction.
I-40 narrowed at SH-150, McIntosh Co.
- Eastbound I-40 is narrowed to one lane over SH-150 (mm 259) between Henryetta & Checotah for pavement rehabilitation.
I-40 narrowed in McIntosh Co.
- I-40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction from two miles west of Tiger Mt. Rd. (mm 246) to one mile west of Pierce Rd. (mm 254), between Henryetta and Checotah in McIntosh County for pavement rehabilitation.
I-40 narrowed in Henryetta, Okmulgee Co.
- I-40 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between the US-75/US-62/Indian Nation Turnpike interchange (mm 240) and US-75B (mm 237) for pavement rehabilitation.
I-35 narrowed near Blackwell, Kay Co.
- I-35 is narrowed to one lane in each direction two miles south of SH-11 (mm 222) near Blackwell for bridge removal.
I-35 narrowed, ramps closed near Wynnewood, Garvin Co.
- I-35 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between SH-29 (mm 66) and SH-17A (mm 64) near Wynnewood. The southbound I-35 on and off-ramps at SH-29 are also closed. Detour: SH-17A and US-77
I-35 narrowed at Ruppe Rd., Garvin Co.
- I-35 is narrowed to one lane in each direction at Ruppe Rd. (mm 60), south of Wynnewood, for bridge rehabilitation.
US-283 narrowed near Altus, Jackson Co.
- US-283 is narrowed to one lane with flaggers from one mile south of SH-5 extending north near Altus.
US-75 narrowed near Okmulgee, Okmulgee Co.
- US-75 is narrowed to one lane in each direction between Henryetta and Okmulgee for pavement rehabilitation.
SH-19 and SH-3W junction near Ada, Pontotoc Co.
The junction of eastbound SH-19 and eastbound SH-3W near Range Line Rd. (County Road 3530) is narrowed, with both highways merging into one lane, as part of an intersection improvement project. Drivers should be aware of the limited merging distance and should use extra caution in this area.
US-69 narrowed in Durant, Bryan Co.
- Southbound US-69 is narrowed to one lane at Mineral Bayou Creek, approximately 1 mile south of Main St. in Durant for bridge rehabilitation work.
US-69 narrowed near McAlester, Pittsburg Co.
- US-69 narrowed to one lane each direction from SH-63 north to McAlester for resurfacing.
SH-9A closed at the junction of SH-9A/SH-9, Pittsburg Co.
- SH-9A is closed at the junction of SH-9A/SH-9 south of Eufaula for reconstruction of the intersection.
US-69 narrowed near Pryor, Mayes Co.
- US-69 is narrowed to one lane in each direction 4 miles north of Pryor for a bridge rehabilitation project.
Oklahoma City Metro
Lindsey St. bridge, ramps at I-35 closed in Norman
- The Lindsey St. bridge over I-35 and all I-35 on- and off-ramps at Lindsey St. in Norman are closed for interchange reconstruction. Drivers are detoured to SH-9 East. Southbound I-35 traffic exiting to SH-9 East now uses the loop ramp south of Lindsey St.
SH-9 lanes shifted at 36th Ave. in Norman
- Drivers can expect lane shifts and a reduced speed limit on SH-9 between 36th Ave. S.E. and 72nd Ave. S.E. for reconstruction and widening.
I-44 ramp at 39th Expwy (SH-66) narrowed
- The westbound I-44 off-ramp to N.W. 39th Expwy (SH-66) is narrowed near SH-74 (Lake Hefner Parkway) for bridge rehabilitation.
I-40 narrows intermittently at I-40 Business near El Reno, Canadian Co.
- Drivers can expect intermittent lane closures on east and westbound I-40 at I-40 Business for bridge rehabilitation.
I-40 narrows intermittently in El Reno, Canadian Co.
- Drivers can expect intermittent lane closures on I-40 two miles east of US-81 for interchange construction at Radio Rd.
SH-151 closed at Keystone Dam
- All lanes of SH-151 are closed over the Keystone Dam through Sept. 2 for a Corps of Engineers project. Drivers can use SH-97 and SH-51 around this closure.
US-64/SH-51 narrowed at US-75 junction
- The two right lanes of eastbound US-64/SH-51 (Broken Arrow Expressway) are closed from the US-75 junction (southeast corner of the Inner Dispersal Loop) to near Lewis Ave. until further notice as part of an ongoing resurfacing project. Expect significant delays and seek an alternate route if possible.
US-75/US-64/SH-51 bridge projects on Inner Dispersal Loop
- As part of an ongoing bridge rehabilitation project along the south leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop:
- As a reminder, all lanes of Cheyenne Ave. and Main St. are closed over the south leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop until further notice.
- Northbound US-75/eastbound US-64/SH-51 (south leg IDL) is open to one through lane until further notice.
US-169/Bird Creek widening project
- As part of an ongoing widening project, be alert to traffic shifts on US-169 between 56th St. North and 66th St. North.
- The northbound on-ramp at 56th St. North remains closed until further notice.
I-244/23rd St. bridge project; bridge closed
- All lanes of 23rd St. are closed over I-244/US-75 through early fall 2016 for the first phase of a bridge rehabilitation project. The westbound I-244/southbound US-75 off-ramp to 21st St. (mm 3B) will remain open during this time. The overall project is scheduled to complete early 2018.
I-244/US-75 narrowed near 23rd St.
- The right lane of westbound I-244/southbound US-75 is closed from near the 23rd St. exit to near the I-244/US-75 (Red Fork Split) junction until early fall 2016 for a barrier wall project. Delays can be expected in the corridor, especially during peak travel times.
SH-11 closed at 76th St. North
- All lanes of SH-11 are closed south of Sperry between 76th St. North and 86th St. North for a bridge replacement project at Delaware Creek through late fall 2016. The detour route will use SH-11/36th St. North, US-75 and SH-20/146th St. North around the closure.
SH-266 widening project east of US-169
- Drivers should be alert to crews and traffic shifts along SH-266 (46th St. North) from east of the US-169 junction extending two miles to the east as part of an ongoing widening project.
US-412/US-64 narrowed at 161st W. Ave.
- The left lane of east and westbound US-412/US-64 is closed and a wide-load restriction in place near 161st W. Ave. (Shell Creek) until fall 2016 as part of a bridge rehabilitation project.