KFOR-TV Blake Shelton Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
KFOR-TV Blake Shelton Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above, as determined by KFOR-TV and reside in the state of Oklahoma. Void where prohibited. Employees of KFOR-TV, Tribune Broadcasting, Blake Shelton (collectively, the “Sponsor”), their parent companies, the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors, promotional agencies and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes entry period begins on Monday, September 5, 2016 at 6:00pm CT and ends on Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 6:30pm CT (“Entry Period”). Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Sweepstakes Period as set forth in these Rules. In the event of an emergency such as severe weather, breaking news, a catastrophic event, or technical difficulties, KFOR-TV reserves the right to move, delay, or halt the sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, watch KFOR-TV News from 6:00pm – 6:30pm each weeknight (Monday – Wednesday) from September 5, 2016 to September 6, 2016 for an announcement with the “text in” or “phone in” code word of the day. Once the announcement for that day of the Sweepstakes Period has aired, there is one way to enter with the code word of the day:
Enter via Text-Message: Using the text messaging feature on your cellular telephone, send a text message to the text number displayed on your TV screen 45779 with the code word of the day. Text messages with the code word must be sent within 10 minutes following the announcement to enter the sweepstakes. All text entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Text entrants will be sent a text message to confirm or reject entry into the Sweepstakes. Text-Message entries may be subject to fees under the terms of the entrant’s cell-phone/text messaging subscription plan (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. If you use Cricket Wireless, you will not be able to submit text entries. If any dispute arises as to identity of any entrant, an entrant shall be considered the authorized account holder by the cellular provider. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a number by the cellular provider or as shown on the cellular provider’s records or the natural person authorized to use the number by an entity that is shown on cellular provider’s records for that number. Only entries to the designated number and containing the correct keyword shall be eligible. Sponsor’s reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for unavailability of telephone lines or connections, cellular phone service, or other technical malfunctions that result in an inability to transmit text messages or entries. Participation in this Promotion by wireless mobile device means that entrant understands that he/she may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Promotion, including notifying entrant if he/she is a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to entrant’s carrier’s rate plan.
All correct entries for that particular day of the Entry Period will be combined into a single pool, and one qualifier will be randomly selected by Sponsor staff from all eligible entries each weekday during the sweepstakes period. KFOR-TV will contact the daily qualifier and if the qualifier is deemed eligible to win the prize that day, then the qualifier will be declared the sweepstakes winner for that weekday. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Only one entry from text per day during the Entry Period. If multiple accounts are detected for a single entrant, the accounts will be voided and the entries will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
4. Prizes: Winners of the Blake Shelton ticket giveaway contest will receive tickets to the Blake Shelton Concert at the Chesapeake Arena located at 100 West Reno Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73012. On Monday, September 5th, 2016, two (2) qualified winners will receive 1 (one) pair of concert tickets for September 9, 2016 with special VIP passes to the Blake Shelton Concert pre-event party (total value $400). On Tuesday, September 6th, 2016, two (2) qualified winners will receive 1 (one) pair of concert tickets for September 10, 2016 with special VIP passes to the Blake Shelton Concert pre-event party (total value $400). The total value of all prizes for this sweepstakes is $800. Each winner must pick up their tickets from the KFOR studios located at 444 East Britton Rd., Oklahoma City, OK 73114 on September 9th, 2016 between 8:00am CT and 4:00pm CT. All prizes are non-transferable. For additional information on the prizes, please visit the following website: http://www.kfor.com/blakeshelton.
5. Winner Notifications: The Sweepstakes winners will be notified by telephone following the drawing. If a winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment within a reasonable period of time, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another randomly selected qualifier or not award the prize. If Sponsor cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that particular daily prize may not be awarded. All results are unofficial until winners are verified.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Only one (1) winner per household during the Entry Period. Winners are subject to verification by KFOR-TV of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00).
Winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual value of any prize that is $600 or more. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity, and may be required to provide a completed W-9, per Section 9 below. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, and any other cost not specifically included in the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES.
9. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service for any reason, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Sweepstakes shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Rules. This Sweepstakes is not intended for gambling. If Sponsor determines that an entrant is using the Sweepstakes for gambling purposes, such entrant may be disqualified and reported to the authorities.
10. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or entry into or creation of an entry for the Sweepstakes and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of entry or any other Sweepstakes-related activity; and (c) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including attorneys’ fees.
11. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize(s), (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (iii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iv) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (viii) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to postage, are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
12. Choice of Law/Forum: Oklahoma law shall govern this Sweepstakes, without regard Oklahoma’s choice of law rules. The courts of Oklahoma shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes.
13. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR-TV, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114, by September 30, 2016. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours (8:00am-5:00pm CT) at KFOR-TV business offices or online at http://www.KFOR.com/blakeshelton.
14. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KFOR-TV, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73114 or appear in person at that location between normal business hours 8:00am-5:00pm CT after September 12, 2016.
15. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
16. Rights Reserved: The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsors without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
17. Sponsors: KFOR-TV, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73114