OKLAHOMA CITY–The primary purpose of the Associate Producer is to write and gather information for highly produced newscasts, to assist with Assignment desk duties and to roll TelePrompTer for daily newscasts
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
1. A proven journalistic talent for news writing.
2. Ability to type quickly, operate police scanner, handle news telephones and other such equipment.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
• Writes news stories for daily newscasts, produce opens and graphic elements for a highly produced newscast.
• Rolls TelePrompTer for daily newscasts
• Submits story ideas daily
• Must be available to work station promotion events
• Contributes recommendations on daily story coverage & special assignments
• Above average demonstrable writing and communications skills
• Ability to work under extreme pressure & deadlines
• Must keep up with local, state, national & international events. Watch local TV news.
• Must work individually, as well as part of a team
• Assist on Assignment Desk as needed. Must be able to hear scanners, answer phones and direct crews to news events
• Keep printer area supplied with paper & printers loaded with paper
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Equal Opportunity Employer