We’re learning a little more about two American sisters who were found dead in their luxury hotel room in the Seychelles.
Workers at the Maia Luxury Resort said they spotted 42-year-old Robin Korkki and 37-year-old Annie Korkki kicking back with drinks throughout the day on either Sept. 21 or 22 (reports differ) and they were assisted to their room around 8:15 p.m., the Seychelles Nation reports.
The next day, the sisters were found “unresponsive” in their beds by staff, with no obvious signs of trauma.
“There were no marks on them whatsoever,” the Seychelles tourism minister tells NBC News.
On Friday, autopsy results were released for the women, but a toxicology report may be the key to finding out how they died.
The report claims that Robin Korkki died of “acute pulmonary edema” and that Annie Korkki died from “acute pulmonary and cerebral edema,” police told NBC News.
Officials say the findings mean that the sisters died from accumulation of fluid on the lungs and brain, but they do not explain everything.
Now, they are waiting on a toxicology report that is still being processed to find out more.