Beautiful weather ahead! Temps to be in upper 60s, lower 70s the next few days

Misuse of propane pointed as cause of Oklahoma home explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RUSH SPRINGS, Okla. – Residents in one Oklahoma town say they thought a bomb had gone off earlier this week after hearing a loud boom in their neighborhood.

Instead, investigators say a home exploded due to an issue with propane.

According to KSWO, propane had been connected to a space heater instead of natural gas, which led to the explosion.

The house suffered major structural damage but did not catch fire.

No one was home at the time of the explosion, but the case is currently under investigation by the Oklahoma State Fire Marshal’s Office.