Tips On Saving Money On Your Prescriptions
- Ask your doctor for a generic version.
- If your insurance doesn’t cover a medication, ask your doctor to request an exemption from the insurance company.
- If the request is denied, file an appeal. If denied again, consider pursuing a complaint with the insurance regulators.
- Shop around. Costs differ by area. Try Costco or Sam’s Club, independent pharmacies or online pharmacies.
- Ask about purchasing 90-day supplies, store membership cards, or check for online coupons.
- Use apps such as Good Rx, which can provide drug costs from various sources.