LITTLE AXE, Okla – A 9- year- old Little Axe boy is in the hospital, after experiencing second- degree burns to 80% of his body Saturday night, authorities said.
Family member says the child was burned when he tried to light paper in an existing burn pit.
When that didn’t work he tried to use gasoline and the gas can exploded.
His mother was cooking dinner at the time of the accident and put out the blaze within minutes.
The child’s father says it will be a long recovery process.
There is a go fund me account to help with medical expenses.