Cooking with Kyle: Creating the perfect pumpkin cheesecake
Christmas is just days away, which means you are probably scrambling to find that perfect addition to the dinner table.
This delicious classic inspired dish will have people craving for a second slice.
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- (Make crumbs from crackers in food processor)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick melted salted butter
- 24 oz (3 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 2 T flour
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t bourbon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crust: In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. (I would encourage an electric mixer) Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined. Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Here are 2 outstanding toppings if you want to make it even better:
Bourbon Chantilly Cream:
1 C heavy cream
2 T sugar
1.5 T Bourbon
Place bowl and beaters into freezer for a few minutes until well chilled. Beat cream on high speed until soft peaks appear. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until firm peaks appear. Slowly fold in bourbon. Keep chilled until serving.
Maple Chantilly Cream:
1 C heavy cream
1/4 C pure Maple syrup (must be the real thing)
Place bowl and beaters into freezer for a few minutes until well chilled. Beat Maple syrup and heavy cream together on high speed until firm peaks appear. Keep chilled until serving.