Remembering May 20th, 5 years later
Temperatures to climb back up over the next few days

Oklahoma teen recovering after freak accident left him severely burned

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHAWNEE, Okla. – An Oklahoma teen is recovering after a freak accident left him severely burned.

Dylan Lang, 19, was home with his family burning trash when something in the fire blew up, the Shawnee News-Star reports.

“It was scary when it blew up in my face,” Lang told the newspaper. “It was so bad it singed my eyelashes shut. Until I got to the emergency room in Shawnee and they were able to open my eyes, I thought I was blind.”

The teen was rushed to the hospital where he learned he suffered second-degree burns to his chest, arms and face.

Fortunately, the teen told the Shawnee News-Star he should be okay.