Temperatures to be on the cool side following weekend showers
Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Search warrant details Oklahoma high school student’s rape allegations involving several football players

BIXBY, Okla. – An Oklahoma high school is under scrutiny following a sexual assault investigation involving multiple football players.

According to a report filed with the Bixby Police Department, multiple football players at Bixby High School are accused of rape by instrumentation following an incident that happened earlier this year.

The Bixby Police Department requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, which is now the agency leading the investigation into the allegations.

Although very few details are being released, multiple sources told the Tulsa World that several football players were kicked off the team after allegations surfaced of an assault at a team event.

“It’s a very serious charge and it’s something that is going to have a life long impact for both the alleged perpetrators even if they are proven to be not guilty and, of course, the victim,” Adam Weintraub, a legal expert, told KJRH. 

On Monday, a search warrant affidavit obtained by the Tulsa World detailed the allegations of rape by instrumentation of a 16-year-old Bixby High School football player by four of his teammates, while other teammates laughed and even barred the door.

According to the affidavit, investigators are also looking into “indications of a ‘cover-up'” in reporting of the assault by school officials.

“It is unclear when school officials reported this sexual assault of a child to the authorities, although it was certainly delayed for days,” the affidavit states. “It certainly appears that any reporting of the incident was significant and has caused difficulty in the investigation, especially including the inability to preserve evidence. It also appears that there may have been some initial effort by one or others to not report the incident at all.”

The victim reportedly told officials that the sexual assault that occurred around September 27th of this year was not the first time he was assaulted.

In fact, he said “a similar incident had also happened at a team function at the same location during the 2016 football season,” the affidavit states.

The boy said he was at a football team function at the home of the Bixby superintendent in September when he was sexually assaulted.

“While upstairs, three football players held him down while a fourth player stuck a pool stick into his anus, through his shorts,” the affidavit states. “While this took place, another football player videoed the incident on a cellular telephone.”

“The victim said that the other football players in the room were laughing during the assault. The victim also said that another player was blocking the door during the assault,” the affidavit states. “After the assault, which caused significant pain, the victim immediately left the residence.”

According to the affidavit obtained by the Tulsa World, there was some delay in reporting the assault to the proper authorities as the Bixby school system had been investigating “but police had not been notified.”

When a school official did finally report the sexual assault to police in November, according to the affidavit he said that the superintendent had finally “given him permission to report the incident to police, but directed it be reported to a certain Bixby police officer.”

According to the Tulsa World, at this time, no school employee has been suspended or otherwise disciplined in the case.

Sources told the local newspaper that multiple football players were kicked off the team for the remainder of the season; however, no arrests have been made at this time.