Remembering May 20th, 5 years later
Temperatures to climb back up over the next few days

Space Heater Causes Fire, Puppy Dies

OKLAHOMA CITY – A puppy died in a house fire in southwest Oklahoma City Sunday.

Officials say a space heater caused the blaze at 5pm at SW 35th and Penn.

No humans were hurt.

Officials say the fire that spread quickly into the attic.

Two dogs were inside the home at the time of the fire.  One dog was saved and one dog did died.

Fire officials think one of the dogs might have knocked over the heater, triggering the fire.

“Even if you give those space heaters enough space if you have an animal it could very easily knock something over into that.   I don’t know for sure if that was the case here but very likely, it was a small room and a large dog and that room was totally destroyed,” said Chief Shane Williams.