Neighbor helps save family in house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SULPHUR, Okla. — A Good Samaritan helped a family escape from a burning home. Emily Clark was on her way to work when she noticed a house on fire Monday morning. The front portion of the home was engulfed in flames.

Clark says another woman helped her open a back door, which was padlocked shut, so the family could escape.

“We went inside and kind of woke them up and everybody sort of got up and started getting outside,” Clark said.

The family tells us they did lose some valuables, but they are thankful everyone safely made it out.

“We don’t know any of these people so we’re just real thankful that they did come help us because our kids were in there,” victim Crystal Berryhill said.

Berryhill says her husband and two young kids were inside the home at the time of the fire.

According to Berryhill, it is still unclear what sparked the flames.