Oklahoma Watches and Warnings
Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Suspects arrested in Tulsa shootings

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TULSA, Okla. - Residents on Tulsa's north side have been afraid to leave their homes while police searched for gunmen who went on a shooting spree on Good Friday.

Three people were killed and two suffered bullet wounds.

Jacob England, 19, and Alvin Watts, 32 were arrested Sunday morning in Turley, north of Tulsa.

Police say they recovered a weapon and a burned truck believed to be used during the murders.

"We did find a weapon but we won't give any information at this time regarding the caliber,"  Major Walter Evans said, FBI Task Force Commander.

According to police records, Watts has a criminal background and has been arrested for aggravated assault and battery and domestic violence.

Officials said Jacob England's father died during a violent altercation with an African-American man.

That man remains in prison for the incident.

There are also reports of his girlfriend dying in January 2012.

Police have not confirmed the killings to be racially motivated but said they believe England's father's death is connected to the murders.

Other officials, like Tulsa City Councilman Jack Henderson, believe they are connected.

Comments plastered on England's Facebook page may offer clues for a motive that could be racially based.

The reported comments include this one: "Today is two years that my dad has been gone shot by a f****** n*****."

The murders happened the very next day.

Evans said, "We look at social networking sites as a normal course of business and any other open source to get information."

But police did not comment on that alleged post.

Members of the task force said tipsters made the difference in getting arrests so soon.

"We were able to develop good suspect information and other associates who were involved with them."

As tips poured in, several agencies had men on the ground conducting surveillance at possible locations the suspects may visit.

Both are expected to be charged with three counts of murder and two counts of shooting with the intent to kill.

The two victims who survived have been released from the hospital.

A vigil for all victims was held Sunday afternoon.