Cigarette to blame for overnight house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY—A home on the city’s northeast side went up in flames Friday night.

Crews were called to the 300 block of N.E. 67th St. and Santa Fe just after 3 a.m. on Saturday.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found heavy smoke and flames shooting out of the garage.

Authorities say they were able to quickly contain that blaze to the garage.

There were people inside the home at the time but everyone was able to get out safely.

Officials tell us the fire started from a cigarette. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.