Live Interactive KFOR Radar

Electrical short destroys home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY–  An electrical short causes a home to go up in flames Saturday evening.

Crews were called to a home in the 700 block of Ketch Dr. around 5:30 p.m. after the homeowner noticed some electrical wire on the outside of a mobile home was hotter than usual.

When police arrived on the scene, the fire already had a significant head start, making it difficult for firefighters to contain.

Maj. Paul Swinney, with the Oklahoma City Fire Department, said, “She went out to investigate it, pulled the skirting back and ended up feeding the fire back into the structure. It was heavily involved by the time we got here.”

The homeowner was treated for minor smoke inhalation as a precaution.

As for the home, officials say it may be a total loss.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.