OKLAHOMA CITY -- Firefighters across the state are still putting out small fires and hot spots from the weekend firestorm.
Officials are now encouraging fire victims to be cautious before they start to rebuild.
When disaster strikes, the con artists come out of the woodwork to take advantage of victims.
The Oklahoma Attorney General's office wants residents and property-owners to look out for fraudulent repair workers traveling from city to city.
Here's some tips:
- Ask friends for referrals.
- Do business with local companies.
- Have a written contract.
- Get all guarantees and warranties in writing.
- Do not do business with door-to-door companies.
- Do not pay in cash.
- Do not to business with a company pressuring an immediate decision.