KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Resident escapes burning home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A man woke up to his house on fire in northwest Oklahoma City.

Firefighters responded to the 7700 block of NW 7th Street about midnight Wednesday night.

Crews found flames coming from one of the bedrooms in that home.

One man was home asleep when the fire broke out.

The resident escaped unharmed.

Officials believe it started as an electrical fire in the bedroom and spread to some nearby furniture.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.