Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Police arrested man accused of exposing self to kids

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NORMAN, Okla. -- An arrest has been made in the case of a man accused of flashing children in Norman.

Wednesday afternoon the Cleveland County District Attorney's Office confirmed a suspect is now behind bars.

James Wade Walkup is now being held on $25,000 bond.

He was arrested Saturday for obstructing an officer and indecent exposure.

He had posted a $1,000 bond but Wednesday afternoon a Cleveland County judge raised his bond and he was re-arrested.

Norman police said they took swift action, along with the district attorney to get this guy off the streets.

Part of that is because this isn't the first time he has been in trouble with the law.

We know he faced charges of indecent exposure and lewd acts with a child in Oklahoma County in 2010.

The lewd acts charge was dismissed and the indecent exposure was changed to outraging public decency.

Police and school administrators said there was a reason for concern and it's a lesson for parents everywhere to talk to their kids.

Norman Police Captain Tom Easley said, "We encourage anyone who sees any behavior they believe is a violation of the law to call 911, straight away."

Wednesday School officials spoke for the first time about the incidents, shedding light on where the alleged exposure took place.

Norman Public Schools' Shelly Hickman said, "There had been some allegations a man had approached some students near Kennedy Elementary and Reagan Elementary."

School officials said they hope parents will use this as an opportunity to talk with their kids and help them understand what they need to do if they are approached by anyone suspicious.

Hickman said, "Anything that doesn't feel right that they observe or that happens to them to know they shouldn't be embarrassed to tell mom and dad or their teacher."

School officials said they did not release the name of the two schools impacted by the incident because they wanted all Norman parents to be on guard.

They wanted to make sure all students and parents were warned and being cautious.