Woman speaks on surviving home explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY - A woman is recovering after surviving a home explosion Thursday afternoon. 

Kate Purcell was at her home on the 2400 block of S.W. 93rd St. when Oklahoma Natural Gas was called out to the area. 

Neighbors said there was a strong odor of gas in the air. 

After ONG arrived, Purcell's home exploded with her inside. 

According to fire crews, an ONG worker was able to get her out before an inferno claimed the entire house. 

Click here for more details on the southwest OKC explosion.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.